Sunday, September 20, 2009

Worgy fun

Arf.

While running around OB as a worg, I got a lot of whispers asking how I became a wolf. I also seemed to be one out of two people on the server who knew about worg form. (the other being another ranger in my guild, sup Sus) So, worry not, I am here to enlighten you about worg form.

You can start turning into a worg at level 20. The transformation requires an item, and is not a learned skill, which is probably why not many people knew about it. Several (but not all) General Goods vendors stock it, under the Job Supplies tab.

And unfortunately, it is Ranger and Assassin only.

Here is a breakdown of the item in question.
Worg Soul level 1
Worg Soul level 2
Worg Soul level 3
I previously posted that the Worg Souls had different level requirements, but AionArmory's information is apparently wrong. The General Goods vendors in Vertaron and Eltnen both sell level 1 and level 2 Souls, and you can get level 2 Souls at level 10. So there is no level requirement, and level 1 and 2 increases movement speed by 30%.

While Elyos get turned into Worgs, Asmos get to be Karnif.

While in worg form, you cannot perform any of your human abilities, and this of course includes gliding/flying. You can, however,
  • talk to NPCs - this includes vendors and the trade broker, as well as quest givers
  • learn skills from skill books
  • eat/drink and consume potions
  • gather
  • melee for whatever your weapon's white damage is
The run speed increase makes rangers and assassins the best classes to go scouting (haha, get it, because they're Scout classes?) for rifts, and cuts down some very long walking time when getting from one point to another. Depending on the situation, it may also be useful for getting away from those pesky Asmos.

The transformation can be canceled at any time by simply right clicking on the button and selecting "cancel buff".

Considering how much it costs though, you may want to use these sparingly as you level up. But at max level I'm sure the cost should be no problem at all.

And just for fun - the worg model doesn't have a proper jump animation, so when you jump, your little worg limbs will be flailing for dear life. Good times! I hope they never change that.

8 comments:

  1. I can attest to the cuteness of flailing worg limbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you are correct about the levels though - I didn't level past 13 with my Ranger in OB and I tried out the Worgform. I think the level req is 10 not 20. Unless they changed it in one of the later patches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ susanne
    It was what I got off AionArmory, I can't be too sure about the levels in the game but I'll be sure to check when I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, it's scout only, so sins get it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Worg Souls are for 'Sins and Rangers both, it's true. This was NCSoft's answer to "Where's the ranger pet?" - you get to be the animal!

    I must say I'm amazed at just how much information there is here from just two months. I guess having three avid authors will do that, eh? I'll have to find yet another hour to read through all this awesome. Blogroll++

    Good luck with headstart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it must be 10 now. I'm an 11 Ranger and just ran around and flailed my limbs. It was splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I knew this existed, but had no idea how to achieve it. Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. where can i get worg soul level 3?

    ReplyDelete