Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Nezekan


Old news now, but still worth mentioning here -- Nezekan has been selected as the unofficial oceanic server. The official vote is expected within the next three days wherein the established oceanic community will vote Nezekan, hopefully winning. It would be a real downer to have the zergy masses just pick a random server, or even worse, the first server on the list.

It's not the most accommodating server. Zikel's residents were a lot more friendly and huggable. Nezekan appears to be the destination for a lot of trash talking PvP guilds. Still, we'll forge our own quiet corner of the server :). A poll up on the Aionsource forums suggests a higher oceanic population than NA, but who knows whether that'll stick around come release. Will a swarm of NAs roll on it blindly? Will the official oceanic vote stick with Nezekan and see it flagged [Oceanic]? Will people from across the globe stampede towards the promise of a server with a super-economy and round-the-clock action?

Stay tuned...


... but not Asmodians. You silverbacks can stick to the jungles.

4 comments:

  1. I played on Nezekan during the Open Beta and OMG I hope for you and your friend's sake all those idiots leave. I wanted to stab myself in the eye with a spork that's how bad it was. I heard that it was pretty much the same on all servers but I have my doubts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was on Nezekan, but from the sounds of it we differ in that I made a point to leave region chat VERY quickly. The populace seemed pretty friendly and helpful, but then I didn't have constant WoW comparisons and trash talking in my chatbox. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sort of saved by Widecap being bad. Apparently it blocks all region/class chat channels, which is odd and annoying, but it's the only free way to run LowerPing with Aion. Guess I'll have to fork over another $30 to be able to use region chat to organize against Asmos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wierd thing is that chat worked fine for me and I use WideCap too :\

    ReplyDelete