Friday, October 23, 2009

Sorcerer Solo Rifting

I always go rifting in a group. Always. And yet most of the PvP we do is small scale... us vs. one, us vs. two, or us vs. massive unbeatable zerg. Abyssal wings can get kind of frustrating too... it's really easy for people to just run (at least until patch 1.6 hits). So I figured, why not just go in on my own?

So I did. The result: almost two hours of furback killing (except for a small hiccup the first time I stepped through), mostly bots but plenty of 1v1 and some 1v2. And about 8000 AP for my time.

The bots were mostly easy as hell: sometimes they just stop attacking you and go after a mob. Sometimes they just don't attack at all. Other times, there would be a clump of them and attacking one would see all of them chase after you, which is like pulling multiple mobs in solo pve xD. The excellent thing about them though is that they're not all rank 9: some were as low as rank 6 and gave sexy amounts of AP. In addition, after killing four or five of them, I'd gain over 2000 DP.

Of course bot farming wasn't my primary goal and I got plenty of actual player footage, including against two skilled gladiators and some SMs. SMs are turning out to be not quite as bad as I thought to fight, especially on the ground; but then, sorcerers have most of their tricks by level 41.

This is a two parter... youtube doesn't like 14 minute videos. Click through (or part1, part2) for the full sized versions at youtube.



No comments:

Post a Comment