Thursday, October 22, 2009

a brief interlude

Say hi to Taihen the Chanter and... the other Tora.

Me and Lewin hadn't played our Ranger and Templar respectively for a few days, and thus the inconspicuous lack of posts from us lately. I still have to make that jumpshot video... d'oh. For that, I apologise; we've been busy with some rl stuff, for me some art stuff and for Lewin ODST.

Anyway, in between the spare time I had, I rolled a Chanter alt, and an Asmo Assassin.
  • Chanters are insanely fun. Think Ret Paladins with Druid HoTs. I loved playing my kitty druid in WoW, so Chanters feel very similar.
  • Considering how many times I've done the first 15 or so levels, I'm still surprised how fast I power through them, and yet it never got boring.
  • Male Asmos run funny.
  • I expected the Asmo ascension quest to be the same as Elyos, and boy was I surprised.
  • Asmos on the whole feel a little more badass. Their raiders raid because they can, while the Elyos raiders raid because they get paid. Go figure.
Anyways, we finally hit 36 today, after nearly two weeks at 35.
  • The grind gets really boring if you don't build up a steady rhythm.
  • That is, until you find a legion group and grind elites in the Kaidan HQ for three hours.
  • ...and then proceed to do Fire Temple with the same group, and find the xp isn't as sweet at level 35...
  • ...and still not get Judge Kromede.
Also, fortress raids are a pain in the butt when your faction doesn't get their act together.

No comments:

Post a Comment