Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's Mau Time - What to stack?

It's a long way to the bottom if you don't know what to do.

In my previous post, I said I would talk about the Jumpshot controversy... but I've found some enlightening information tonight that I'd like to share.

Over at Weekly Ranger (which regrettably seems to have stopped updating), there's a great article about the Crit soft cap as well as what Manastones to use. I've done some searching about exactly what stats to look for as a Ranger, and unfortunately have come up short until now.

From what I understand, Crit and Attack is the way to go. Rangers have a base high Accuracy stat already, and throw in the accuracy buff we have, we really don't need to waste any more sockets on the stat. Coming from WoW where reaching the hit cap in end game is crucial may have ruined my perceptions of what stats are important, but at least now I know better.

The general consensus among the Ranger community (based on info that I've found) is that 440 is the "soft cap" for Crit. After 440, you'd need 20 Crit for 1%.
Basically it means that you should be socketing crit until you reach 440. The amount of crit needed to yield 1% crit after reaching the soft cap makes socketing additional crit stones a waste.

You'll also not want to say no to the occasional HP manastone, and Evasion can come in handy too, but generally you're better off going for offensive stats.

1 comment: